Where are the releases?

I'm ironing out the bugs from Baldur's Gate - the Original Saga and refining the template I used so that future releases will have less (none!) bugs. Currently, the launcher does not modify the registry as it should. The game should run fine, since the most important aspect is the baldur.ini file - which is properly modified.

EDIT: I FIX'D IT! If you want to update to the latest version, redownload the latest patch for Baldur's Gate - the Original Saga; I've replaced it.

EDIT 2: Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhall has had this issue fixed as well. I don't know if this was what was causing the assertion errors - I think not - but it's fixed!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for you work.

Anonymous said...

indeed, thank you

Anonymous said...

Still getting the assertion failure in line 834.
Is it supposed to create its own BGMain2.exe? Everytime I've had to make it myself.

Milo said...

Wait, what?
You're _making_ the BGMain2.exe???
Are you trying to get Baldur's gate 1 or 2 to work?

Anonymous said...

bg2 + exp

Milo said...

Good news!
The fix is very simple!
You've probably downloaded the wrong patch. BGMain2.exe is the executable for Baldur's Gate 1 - The Original Saga.

For Baldur's gate 2 and throne of Bhaal, the executable it asks for is BGMain.exe. Simply download the correct patch, and you're all set!

Anonymous said...

stupid me, i'll give it a try as soon as i get home

Anonymous said...

so i downloaded the correct version but i get the exact same error [minus the bgmain2 part =p ]

Anonymous said...

the error is -1
then "an assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 834"

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to take a moment (as many others already have) to thank you for all the time you've put into this project. It is very much appreciated.

Nils Ververs Lübke said...

This project of yours makes such incredible sense. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Could we see Giants Citizen Kabuto at any time soon, that would be great.
Oh, and while I'm at it, could I also request Red Alert 1 &/or 2, and most of all thank you for the great work your doing.
As for your will to stay on the good side of the law, I applaud your integrity! GJ, this is what the software vendors should be doing, but ain't!

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger | Blue Business Blogger